Episode 18 features:
- Singing Facilitator Lisa Goettel
- Charlotte Eyerman, Executive Director, Monterey Museum of Art
The Arts Council and Access Monterey Peninsula have launched a TV Magazine program on their new curated station AMP2.
“The Arts Are The Answer” showcases the arts happening right here in Monterey County. We have a new show every month aired frequently throughout the month. Segments include interviews with artists who are transforming our communities, our schools and our health with Paulette Lynch, interviews with producers and presenters of major upcoming events with Steve Ellzey, indepth profiles of artists, musicians and more with Walter Ryce. Each month Berniz House highlights a cultural group and we showcase a museum or gallery. (Plus, we present arts event highlights)!
To join us as a guest, volunteer, or sponsor, send a message to email@example.com
About the Show
A co-production of the Arts Council for Monterey County and Access Monterey Peninsula (AMP)
New episodes each month are repeated throughout the weekly schedule.
Each segment includes interviews and clips:
- Preview – with arts organizer presenting major arts/culture event coming up with Steve Ellzey
- Artist Profile – with a Professional Artist discussing their creative journey with Walter Ryce
- The Arts Are the Answer – exploring the impact of the arts (e.g., health/environment) with Paulette Lynch
- Focus on Museum/Gallery – showcasing their mission and new work with Paulette Lynch or Steve Ellzey
- Cultural Highlights – Highlighting one of our wonderful cultural groups with Berniz House
- Art Happenings – event listings from www.montereybay365.com
EPISODE 17 – Join Paulette Lynch interviewing Arts Council for Monterey County Luminary and world renowned Watercolorist Will Bullas, Walter Ryce in a dialogue with Artist Hannif Wondir, Berniz House with Korean Dancers/Drummers and Steve Ellzey chatting with National Steinbeck Center’s Curator of Marketing, Marcos Cabrera.
EPISODE 15 – Another Outstanding Look at the Artists and Arts Organizations in Monterey County with Paulette Lynch, Walter Ryce, Berniz House and that other guy. Interims Breakthrough H’art program, First Night with Ellen Martin, La Noche Bohemia with Berniz House, and CSUMB’s Jennifer Benge make this exciting program a winner all around. Edited by Paul “Spielberg” Congo.
EPISODE 14 – Michael Houston and Voces del Calle…Voices of the Streetl Helanie Glick of the Monterey Museum of Art discusses upcoming Miniatures Exhibit; Berniz House brings the Monterey Peninsula Gospel Choir Group to your screen, and Walter Ryce serves up another top notch interview with Nationally Acclaimed Local Icon Sandra Gray
EPISODE 13 – A colorful collage of Arts Organizations and Artists starting with the First Night’s Greenfield Harvest Festival and Outreach, The Festa Italia Tarantella Dancers, Nationally renowned Artist Jerry Takigawa, the Monterey Symphony, and local band the Lightfighters.
EPISODE 12, June 2013 – Featuring:
- Wendy Brickman, Brickman Marketing
- Jan Wagstaff, Artist
- Bob Sadler, Artist, Business Consultant
- Monterey Bay Lion Dance
EPISODE 11 – Featuring:
- Camella Cooper, Arts Council for Monterey County
- David Gordon, Carmel Bach Festival
- Steven Whyte, Sculptor
EPISODE 10 – Featuring:
- Willow Array, Alisal Center for the Fine Arts
- Joshua Alfaro, Alisal Center for the Fine Arts
- Bryan Perez, Alisal Center for the Fine Arts
- Warren Chang, Artist
- Debbie Chin, Carmel Bach Festival
- Shinsho Mugen Daiko
EPISODE 9 – Featuring:
- Sue Ann Hillyer, Community Partnership for Youth
- Nicole Garzino, Center for Photographic Art
- Carol Chapman, Artist
- Susanne Burns, The Western Stage
EPISODE 7 – Featuring:
- Ed Leeper, Artist
- Esmeralda Montenegro Owen, Director of Marketing and Community Engagement, National Steinbeck Center
- Mark Baer, Museum of Monterey
EPISODE 6 – Featuring:
- Scott Jacobs, Artist
- Kenji Tanner , School teaching artist
- Vicki Nelson, Compassionate Care Alliance
EPISODE 5 – Featuring:
- Lucas Blok, Monterey Museum of Art.
- Jayson Fann
- Megan Heath, Monterey County Office of Education
EPISODE 4 – Featuring:
- Amy Essick, Arts in Healing, Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula.
- Ellen Martin, First Night Monterey.
- David Ligare, International Artist.
- Cultural Highlight: Monterey Peninsula College Cultural Show
EPISODE 3 – Featuring:
- Featuring Artist Belle Yang.
- Michelle Lange, Monterey Symphony.
- Michael Duffy, Studio Tour of Monterey County and Artists Equity.
- Cultural Highlight: Movimiento Cultural de la Union Indigena/Cultural Movement of the Indigenous Community
EPISODE 2 – Featuring:
- Trish Sullivan, Artistas Unidos/Artists United.
- Walter Ryce Interview with Marilee Childs.
- Profile of Champion of the Arts, Sonia Chapa.
- Cultural Highlight: Noche Bohemia
EPISODE 1 – Featuring:
- Featuring Paola Fiorelle Berthoin, author of Passion for Place.
- Tim Jackson, Artistic Director of the Monterey Jazz Festival.
- Lisa Coscino, Executive Director of Museum of Monterey.